My playlist

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Make a difference

嗨!大家好!今天我,Jerry Wong,又要做故事达人了。希望这些故事能给你们启发与思索的空间。

今天的故事是。。。

One day, I was enjoying my weekend on the beach with my girlfriend. While strolling on the beach, with the warm wave brushing on my leg, the view was spectacular as the beach is littered with starfish. I believe they were wash ashore by the rainy season last few days and now thousands of them we sunbathing on the beach shore.

Upon strolling, we saw an old man picking up the starfish and threw them into the sea. One by one, he pick them up and threw it back to the sea. He continue doing it for 15 minutes and this got us curious. We decided to ask the old man what he was doing.

I :"嗨,先生!请问您再做什么?“

Old man:"哦,我在把这些海星丢会海里阿。不然,在这酷热的太阳下,他们一定会死。”

I:“可是,这里有成千上万的海星。你要丢到几时?这样有用吗?Will it make a difference?”

The old man bend down, pick a starfish and said:“有,对你也许没有用,可是对我手上的海星意义重大。”

After that, the old man threw the starfish back into the sea.

So, whats the moral of the story?

To some person, it may be useless. To some, it may save their live and make a big difference. You did not try, you did not know. Even if you failed, you know you have done your best and tried before. So, start to make a difference now.

Love from 故事达人

No comments: